If this is your first time trekking there are a few things you should think about. Safety and health is key to a enjoyable and “effortless” time in the Himalayas. Here are some of our best tips. For a checklist or more information about fees and permits for trekking in nepal read more here!
Health and Medical
Water purification pills
- There are a lot of different ones to choose from with prices starting from approximately 300 Rupees for one package of 60 pills.
- Good to use with water from streams (Clear water)
- Use a shirt or a clean cloth to filter any mudd out of the water.
- let the pill work for an hour and you are good to go.
Height sickness pills (Diamox)
- If you are planning to reach over 3000 meters in altitude you have to be aware of height sickness. It can strike anywhere and anytime. To anyone. But should only be used if you are feeling sick, not as a precaution. Height sickness pills can be purchased at most major supermarkets and outdoor shops.
First Aid Kit
- First Aid kits you can find in many different sizes. Think of that you have to carry it all the way, so a good thing is to have a good kit but small.